With the Sri Lanka test series lurking around the corner, Indian skipper Virat Kohli will need to deal with an interesting issue.
Vijay has made one of the opening spots his own with consistent, gutsy performances. The other opening spot remains up for grabs.
Should K.L. Rahul return to the side after missing the Bangladesh test with illness or should India continue with Shikhar Dhawan?
It’s a tough choice since both scored centuries in the last test match they played. Rahul scored a hundred at the SCG against Australia and Dhawan made a scorching ton against Bangladesh.
A few questions for you to consider:
- Do India want a left hander (Dhawan) or a right hander (Rahul) at the top of the order?
- Do you put more faith in Rahul’s technique or are you enamoured by Dhawan’s flair?
- Do you reward runs in Australia more than runs in the sub-continent?
- Will dropping Rahul at this stage in his career affect his confidence for the future?
- Is India willing to drop the “over-talented” Rohit Sharma to accommodate both Rahul and Dhawan in the line-up?
Either way, someone will be massively disappointed.
While we wait, have your say below and let us know what you think.