Hello again readers and listeners! Since our last Edges & Sledges round-up in January, a few important things have happened:
- Indian men have beaten Australia 2-1 in a bilateral ODI series for the first time ever.
- India men have beaten New Zealand 4-1 in a bilateral ODI series after a decade.
- Indian women have beaten New Zealand 2-1 in a bilateral ODI series.
- The Edges & Sledges cricket podcast has crossed 14,000 listens this week!
First, thank you all so much for your support and for listening to our podcast. We are continuing to work hard on it and hopefully the show will go from strength to strength in the coming months.
Second, we still need you to spread the word so please do tell your family, friends and colleagues about us. Send them the link and nag them to listen – the best recommendation we can get is a personal one from you!
We have released 5 episodes since our last round-up. The last two are special episodes on Indian domestic cricket and women’s cricket with some really good people so please make sure you have a listen.
Here is a summary (in chronological order). The links below are from Stitcher, but we are available on on all major platforms – iTunes , Google Play , YouTube, Anchor, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Breaker, Castbox, Podbean, Radiopublic and Tune in Radio. Search for “Edges & Sledges” and we will show up. Make sure you subscribe to and/or leave us a review if you’re feeling particularly generous! Also, come by and say hello to us on Twitter!
In this episode, we cover:
- Pandya and Rahul’s Koffee With Karan disaster
- Politics in the BCCI
- Australia v India Sydney and Adelaide ODIs
- The Dhoni question and India’s middle order challenge
- Kohli the run machine – 39 centuries
- Sachin or Virat?
- IPL Season is getting nearer!
In this episode we do two great interviews ahead of India’s tour of New Zealand.
1 – Interview with Adam Bell and Rick Topham from The Cricketeers, a NZ-based Cricket Podcast.
- New Zealand’s incredible series win vs. Sri Lanka
- Kane Williamson, NZ’s best batsman ever?
- How will the NZ middle order tackle the Kuldeep-Chahal threat
- Predictions for India vs. NZ
2 – Interview with Malhar Hathi, a long-time NZ Cricket fan living in India.
- How Malhar got interested in associate and Kiwi cricket
- NZ’s recent results
- Memories of India’s previous tours of New Zealand
- Upcoming NZ series and key match-ups
- NZ’s chances at this year’s World Cup
In this episode, we cover:
- India vs. New Zealand: India go 2-0 up with 2 early wins
- MS Dhoni, the genius behind the stumps
- Pandya and Rahul’s suspensions lifted
- Racism in cricket and Sarfaraz’ 4 match ban
- Jason Holder and the West Indies’ resurgence against England
- Smriti Mandhana’s brilliant century against NZ
- A frantic last ball run out by Healy in the WBBL
In this episode, we bring you a special interview focused on Ranji Trophy and the Indian First Class Cricket system. We cover:
- Structure of domestic cricket in India
- How it compares to the Sheffield Shield and County Championship
- Highlights from the 2018-2019 Ranji Trophy
- Predictions for the Final (begins on Feb 3, 2019)
In this episode, we bring you a special interview focused on all things about the world of Women’s Cricket. We are joined by Annesha Ghosh, journalist at ESPN Cricinfo, who has been covering women’s cricket in great depth. We talk about:
- Evolution of the women’s game in the past 20-30 years
- How did Cricket Australia become the best in class at promoting the women’s game
- The impact of the WBBL
- Team India and the outstanding batters and spinners
- Who is in the wings to step up when Jhulan Goswami retires?
- The amazing Smriti Mandhana takes India home vs. NZ
- When can we expect to see a Women’s IPL