As we wait for IPL 2019 to kick off this weekend with CSK v RCB, it’s time to round-up all the happenings since our last update. Edges & Sledges has released six episodes, including our one year anniversary episode, our 50th episode and a super extra special IPL preview episode. We have also been busy recording with a number of other podcasts – It’s Cricket Show, the Cricket Badger Radio Show Podcast and ESPN’s Head in the Game so make sure you listen to those podcasts to follow what we’ve been up to!
Remember, the Edges & Sledges cricket podcast is available on on all major platforms – iTunes , Google Play , YouTube, Anchor, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Breaker, Castbox, Podbean, Radiopublic and Tune in Radio. Subscribe to make sure you get notified of new episodes. Also, hit us up on Twitter! Here’s our March round up.
Ep. 51 IPL 2019 special: It’s coming up to toss time!
With 48 hours to go for the Indian Premier League 2019 to start, Ashwin and DJ talk all things IPL 2019! They ask (and answer) the big questions:
- Where is Varun for this IPL special?
- Why does the IPL 2019 still excite them?
- Who are the players to watch out for across the teams?
- Which teams will make the playoffs?
- Why is fantasy cricket so important to their lives?
- Who will win the orange cap and purple cap?
We also read out the best listener tweets about the IPL and in case you missed it, you can listen to a condensed version of DJ’s chat with the Cricket Badger Radio Show Podcast. and link to article about Kohli mentioned by DJ – https://t.co/83ilW8yg8t)
We have also released details of our IPL Fantasy League for listeners so join in! Link: http://fantasy.iplt20.com/ Private Contest Code: SLE7SQXX06RP
Ep. 50: Our Half Century! The Listener Speaks
This week we bring you a very special 50th episode, celebrating our half century! We decided to honour you, the listener, by dedicating our show to listener questions / comments. We cover:
- India vs. Australia ODI Wrap Up
- The never-ending debate about India’s World Cup XI
- Who plays at #4? Rahul vs. Rayudu vs. Rahane vs. Pant vs. Shankar
- Indian fans – Our blog article No one has a lien on winning https://1tip1hand.com/cricket/australia-v-india-the-post-mortem-no-one-has-a-lien-on-winning/
- Should Kohli step down to #4?
- Is Bhuvi really an all-rounder?
- KulCha – together or separate?
- How much will Team India miss MS Dhoni
- Kedar Jadhav, a legend in the making
- Australia now a World Cup threat
- India Women vs. England Women, the third T20 heartbreak
- SA on the verge of a whitewash vs. Sri Lanka
- IPL Preview coming soon!
Ep. 49: India v Aus, King Kedar, The Universe Boss and Universe Jos go ‘hell for leather’
In this episode, we celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY since Episode 1 of Edges & Sledges! We also cover:
- India vs. Australia T20 series wrap up
- India vs. Australia ODI series so far (Ind 2-0 at the time of recording)
- King Kedar Jadhav, and Varun’s unjustified hate for him
- Cricket Fever, the new Netflix documentary giving us all IPL fever
- England vs. West Indies, Gayle is back!
- Universe Boss vs. Universe Jos
- Mitch March’s unfortunate injury
Ep. 48: India v Pakistan World Cup clash, Hardik’s stiffness issues, Keema Pao and Shikhar’s thigh slap
In this episode, we cover:
- The India vs. Pakistan World Cup clash (and whether it will happen or not)
- Hardik’s injury due to stiffness in the back
- Australia vs. India T20 series preview
- Sri Lanka vs. SA – Can SL make history?
- Is 2019 officially the best ever time for wicketkeepers’ names?
- Chris Gayle’s century in his return to ODI form
- Shreyas Iyer and India’s highest T20 century
- India Women go 1-0 up against England Women
- The answer to this week’s #listenerquiz
In this episode we are joined by Tasneem-Summer Khan, and we discuss:
- Perera’s breathaking match-winning innings v South Africa
- Cricket’s more than #metoo moment
- Shannon Gabriel, what did we make of the whole scene?
- Sanjay Manjrekar tweet about stump mics
- Associate cricket Quadrangular currently being played
- Link to Tasneem’s latest article.
In this episode we cover:
- India vs. NZ Men’s Series Wrap Up
- Dinesh Karthik and the art of finishing
- India vs. NZ Women’s Series Wrap Up
- India’s World Cup squad probables – take 1 (we will re-explore this 2 more times before the World Cup)
- England vs. West Indies
- Jason Holder’s ban for over rate
- NZ Cricket’s #metoo movement
- Steve Smith’s return
- Listener Quiz week 1 – answers
- Listener Quiz week 2 – the question
Edges & Sledges is a weekly Indian Cricket Podcast available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts!