It’s been sometime since our last round up of happenings on the Edges & Sledges Cricket Podcast. We’ve been busy and since our last update in March, IPL 2019 has finished, the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 has started, Edges & Sledges has re-branded, joined India’s largest podcast network (the IVM podcast network) and released a dozen episodes all while taking a break between the IPL and the World Cup. Oh and yes, we’ve also interviewed our first ever international cricket captain. Read on! Read More
As we wait for IPL 2019 to kick off this weekend with CSK v RCB, it’s time to round-up all the happenings since our last update. Edges & Sledges has released six episodes, including our one year anniversary episode, our 50th episode and a super extra special IPL preview episode. We have also been busy recording with a number of other podcasts – It’s Cricket Show, the Cricket Badger Radio Show Podcast and ESPN’s Head in the Game so make sure you listen to those podcasts to follow what we’ve been up to!
Remember, the Edges & Sledges cricket podcast is available on on all major platforms – iTunes , Google Play , YouTube, Anchor, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Breaker, Castbox, Podbean, Radiopublic and Tune in Radio. Subscribe to make sure you get notified of new episodes. Also, hit us up on Twitter! Here’s our March round up.
Ep. 51 IPL 2019 special: It’s coming up to toss time!
With 48 hours to go for the Indian Premier League 2019 to start, Ashwin and DJ talk all things IPL 2019! They ask (and answer) the big questions:
- Where is Varun for this IPL special?
- Why does the IPL 2019 still excite them?
- Who are the players to watch out for across the teams?
- Which teams will make the playoffs?
- Why is fantasy cricket so important to their lives?
- Who will win the orange cap and purple cap?
We also read out the best listener tweets about the IPL and in case you missed it, you can listen to a condensed version of DJ’s chat with the Cricket Badger Radio Show Podcast. and link to article about Kohli mentioned by DJ – https://t.co/83ilW8yg8t)
We have also released details of our IPL Fantasy League for listeners so join in! Link: http://fantasy.iplt20.com/ Private Contest Code: SLE7SQXX06RP
Ep. 50: Our Half Century! The Listener Speaks
This week we bring you a very special 50th episode, celebrating our half century! We decided to honour you, the listener, by dedicating our show to listener questions / comments. We cover:
- India vs. Australia ODI Wrap Up
- The never-ending debate about India’s World Cup XI
- Who plays at #4? Rahul vs. Rayudu vs. Rahane vs. Pant vs. Shankar
- Indian fans – Our blog article No one has a lien on winning https://1tip1hand.com/cricket/australia-v-india-the-post-mortem-no-one-has-a-lien-on-winning/
- Should Kohli step down to #4?
- Is Bhuvi really an all-rounder?
- KulCha – together or separate?
- How much will Team India miss MS Dhoni
- Kedar Jadhav, a legend in the making
- Australia now a World Cup threat
- India Women vs. England Women, the third T20 heartbreak
- SA on the verge of a whitewash vs. Sri Lanka
- IPL Preview coming soon!
Ep. 49: India v Aus, King Kedar, The Universe Boss and Universe Jos go ‘hell for leather’
In this episode, we celebrate our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY since Episode 1 of Edges & Sledges! We also cover:
- India vs. Australia T20 series wrap up
- India vs. Australia ODI series so far (Ind 2-0 at the time of recording)
- King Kedar Jadhav, and Varun’s unjustified hate for him
- Cricket Fever, the new Netflix documentary giving us all IPL fever
- England vs. West Indies, Gayle is back!
- Universe Boss vs. Universe Jos
- Mitch March’s unfortunate injury
Ep. 48: India v Pakistan World Cup clash, Hardik’s stiffness issues, Keema Pao and Shikhar’s thigh slap
In this episode, we cover:
- The India vs. Pakistan World Cup clash (and whether it will happen or not)
- Hardik’s injury due to stiffness in the back
- Australia vs. India T20 series preview
- Sri Lanka vs. SA – Can SL make history?
- Is 2019 officially the best ever time for wicketkeepers’ names?
- Chris Gayle’s century in his return to ODI form
- Shreyas Iyer and India’s highest T20 century
- India Women go 1-0 up against England Women
- The answer to this week’s #listenerquiz
In this episode we are joined by Tasneem-Summer Khan, and we discuss:
- Perera’s breathaking match-winning innings v South Africa
- Cricket’s more than #metoo moment
- Shannon Gabriel, what did we make of the whole scene?
- Sanjay Manjrekar tweet about stump mics
- Associate cricket Quadrangular currently being played
- Link to Tasneem’s latest article.
In this episode we cover:
- India vs. NZ Men’s Series Wrap Up
- Dinesh Karthik and the art of finishing
- India vs. NZ Women’s Series Wrap Up
- India’s World Cup squad probables – take 1 (we will re-explore this 2 more times before the World Cup)
- England vs. West Indies
- Jason Holder’s ban for over rate
- NZ Cricket’s #metoo movement
- Steve Smith’s return
- Listener Quiz week 1 – answers
- Listener Quiz week 2 – the question
Edges & Sledges is a weekly Indian Cricket Podcast available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts!
The Edges & Sledges cricket podcast is back with a new episode!
In episode 32 we discuss (amongst other things):
- outcomes from the Windies ODIs
- Windies T20s preview
- Kohli’s veganism and Rohit’s ODI batting being second to no one
- Ambati Rayudu sealing the number 4 spot for the World Cup
- the Dhoni question
- India’s test squad for Australia and what we make of dropping Mayank Agarwal and Karun Nair and recalling Murali Vijay as well as Rohit Sharma
- Al Jazeera’s spot fixing investigation and
- The virtues of Elite Honesty
- Indian Premier League transfers
Listen to it and let us know what you think. Do drop by to say hello to us on Twitter – @1tip1hand.
In the blink of an eye, the 56 game qualifying stage of IPL 2018 is over and we have confirmed our top 4 teams: Sunrisers Hyderabad, Chennai SuperKings, Kolkata KnightRiders and the Rajasthan Royals. The teams to miss out are the Mumbai Indians (defending champions),Royal Challengers Bangalore (too little too late aka too much Parthiv Patel?), Kings XI Punjab (melted in May), and the Delhi Daredevils (last despite two big wins over CSK and MI at the end).
Qualifier 1 will be played on Tuesday between SRH and CSK, the two form teams of the tournament. The winner of this game goes straight into the IPL Final on Sunday. The loser gets a second shot and will play Qualifier 2. The eliminator will be played on Wednesday between KKR and RR – the loser goes home and the winner plays Qualifier 2. The winner of Qualifier 2 plays the Final on Sunday. What a great week we have in store!
If you’ve been following our weekly podcast “Edges & Sledges”, this week we talk to a Royal Challengers Bangalore fan. We discuss fantasy cricket tips, super overs v bowl outs, the lack of IPL fights, an IPL window, the real meaning of “touch-and-go” and we troll one of our favourite cricketers of all time, Parthiv Patel. Click here to find your favourite way of listening in. Read More
We’re back with the latest instalment of Edges & Sledges. We cover all the big stories of the week on the show, including Sunrisers Hyderabad’s first loss and Mumbai’s first win of the 2018 IPL. Some really big moves on the fantasy front with the big guns finally coming into their own – the Universe Boss, Watto and ABdV have all joined the IPL party.
This week we are joined by Siddharth Poddar, a Rajasthan Royals fan who talks about the double Rs, their comeback to the IPL and the role of associates in the IPL. Pod knows cricket!
To recap the main performances of the week:
KXIP v CSK: KXIP won by 4 runs despite a late charge by MSD on one leg. Chris Gayle was the man of the match for his 63 runs, announcing his return to the IPL.
KKR v DD: KKR won by 71 runs. More depression for DD fans. Rana and Russell demolish the DD bowlers.
MI v RCB: Rohit’s 94 overcame Kohli’s 92 not out. Mumbai Indians finally got some points on the board.
RR v KKR: Nitish Rana again came to the party to take KKR to a 7 wicket win.
KXIP v SRH: The Gaylestorm (104) handed the Sunrisers their first loss of the IPL 2018. Gayle announced that Virender Sehwag had saved the IPL by picking him in the auction. Sehwag promptly confirmed this on Twitter. Rab ne bana di jodi!
CSK v RR: Watto smashed a ton as well just to show he’s still got it. RR fell short by 64 runs.
KKR v KXIP: Another Gayle/Rahul demolition job to breach KKR’s fortress at Eden.
RCB v DD: When AB is flying, no one can catch him. After a great innings by Pant, AB almost single handedly made sure that DD fans had to endure yet another loss. Gambhir must be scratching his head wondering how a team that looks so good on paper is sitting at the bottom of the table.
To makes sure you catch us next week, make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel and the podcast.
See you next week!